Wednesday, May 28, 2014

"The Rosa Parks Story"



At this time I am going to talk you about Rosa Parks.  As you know she is called the “Mother of Civil Rights Movement”. She was an African American from Alabama and a worldwide symbol of admiration for black and white people.
Most of you already know the story about Parks and the Montgomery bus Boycott. But if you don’t, here I leave you a link about it: 

I chose to talk about her because I think she was an amazing woman. She did not let anyone look above her. And I think that the main reason for which I admire her is because she was a woman, and a woman at those days was a sign of weakness. And in spite of all the obstacles she had to face, she accomplished to assert her rights. That’s why I think she is a symbol of inspiration for everyone.

When I was surfing on the Internet I found information about “The Rosa Parks Story”, a movie premiered on February 24, 2002. It was directed by Julie Dash and starred by Angela Bassett.

The movie reveals the woman behind the legend.  The film joins two views of Rosa Parks’ life:  Rosa as a symbol of courage in the situation of Montgomery buses in 1955, and the lesser-known history of Rosa Park’s personal background. It shows the experiences in her life that helped shape her opinions and influenced her character and also, how she became an emblem of dignity.  Therefore, it reminds us that every historical figure has a human story.
           
Here I leave you the trailer of the movie:





Although I have not seen it yet, I find quite interesting to learn about her life as a leader, woman and especially as a human. And this is also an opportunity to you to think a little bit deeper. That day Parks refused to give uo her seat which causes the change of a law, maybe tomorrow another fact that may seem insignificant can change the society in which we live.

I hope you have enjoyed this post,  LEAVE ME YOUR COMMENTS!!

3 comments:

  1. She was very important not only for black people, but for women too. If the racist and male-chauvinist early XX century never had this kind of change, we would not be the same we are. We would still living in separate ways: black, asian, muslim, white, all of those men, because women would not be considered as people. Rosa Parks connected two very important and beautiful items: woman+skin diversity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Franco. She made the foundations to build a bridge between two cultures: the white and the african americans. She is such an inspiring person for having the bravery and courage to take the first step to start a worldwide, cultural movement.
    Great posrt

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel totally proud every time I realize a woman I didn't know has done something for her, her people or even a whole society. I believe her story is tremendously inspiring because she was a fearless and determined woman who knew what she deserved and she asked for it, even in a moment of history in which her "race" was in disadvantage she has the courage tho raise her voice and ask for her rights.

    ReplyDelete