Thursday, May 1, 2014

Look beyond what they show

During the last few weeks I have learnt more about Geography than ever in my whole life. The map´s presentations turned out being a fantastic activity for me, specially because I was not only listening to the pieces of information my classmates were giving to us, but also because there was a lot of interesting information in their maps. I thought it was a very original and entertaining way of learning.
One of the things that caught my attention was the language each of them (us) had to use to avoid stereotypes when talking about countries like the US ( whose culture we think we know only for what we see on television or movies) and New Zealand, a country whose culture, until that moment, was practically unknown to me. 
There were some things during the Geography's Unit that specially liked me and so I searched for information about them. 
One of them was the Commonwealth of Nations. My classmate talked about many positive things about it, like cooperation, integrity between countries, etc. But I guessed that not everything is as pretty as they showed. So basically I discovered that the Commonwealth is also a way to keep the countries under the control of the United Kingdom. Money and power, that is what they want.
Another interesting thing was that in Canada people speak two languages, French and English, but people from french-speaking locations don't feel very comfortable with being called bilingual, they feel their cultures is being attacked by the english-speaking culture.

What is your opinion about this?
Do you consider important these topics?
What would you feel if you knew your culture is being constantly attacked or controlled?







4 comments:

  1. Do you know about the new world order, haarp, masons or reptilians? well, all those things talk about the control of the world. I think that we always are controlled by secret organizations, our lives are controlled by the economy, and the economy is made by people. So, we can say that some people control us. Cool Post

    This video talks about the new world order, enjoy it! :D
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN4SsPOKYc0

    ReplyDelete
  2. I share the opinion of Pamela, basically all our life is controlled by something, some themselves, control it worse always there is something higher or hidden, something deeper that controls society, can be seen from the point that something beyond perhaps not organizations, not individuals, but other things that somehow control the world as nature or powers beyondmy mind believe that and I don't think that this is so crazy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This weekend I heard a lot about The Illuminati! I read that those who make up this organization have the power to control the world :O It is said that successful people are part of this organization, for example, Obama, Lady Gaga, Shakira, Napoleon, Madonna, Lana del Rey, etc... They say that people are stupid by nature, so they are easy to control! I think it's time to worry about it. We can not continue following this controlled system by the elite...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that your post is very interesting and you are right, all things always have their wrong side and just as our three classmates mention, we are being controled by the system, we are not free people, we can´t decide what to say or what to do freely. We have to be part of the system even if we don´t wont to and i strongly belive that this is one of the reasons why there is so many unhappy people doing things they don´t wont to.
    We need to start doing something for us, to be free and not depend of some one else benefit. Find out what make us happy and fight for it, letting fears outside.

    ReplyDelete