Friday, May 30, 2014

Best way to make things happen


Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, a pacifist fighter for equal rights. He was born in Porbandar, Gujarat, in North West India, on 2nd October 1869, into a Hindu Modh family. His father was the Chief Minister of Porbandar. He had a big influenced from his mother because she was religious, with a strong devotion, teaching these way to his child to be pacifist, mutual tolerance, non-injury to living beings and vegetarism.

Gandhi realized that "when human heart is closed you can't catch the human head, there is no used reasoning with the person, his heart is on the prejudices. If reason is not enough, violence is no good, what do you do? And he invented the method of nonviolence resistance. You stand up against your opponent, tell him that you will not give in, but you also reassure him that you will do him know how" (Bhikhu Parekh, Prof. of political theory, University of Hull, England).


Martin Luther King was inspired for these so he made a trip to India to know more about these policy and he got the conclusion that "Since being in India, I am more convinced than ever before that the method of nonviolent resistance is the most potent weapon available to oppressed people in their struggle for justice and human dignity".



I am totally agree with both of them because, I strongly believe that you can't resolve problems from anger, for the reason that with those type of feeling you can only hurt people around you, even more if you have not a knowledge or relation with them. Also because like how Gandi said, “When human heart is closed you can't catch the human head, there is no used reasoning with the person”. So you will never get in to an accord, and fight will remain.

I consider that all of us should use a nonviolence method, be emphatic with others and always being consent that we are all different and is because of this that we are going to have different opinion and point of views from things.


What do you think about these, do you think the nonviolence method was a good decision?  
For those interested about learn more about Gandhi, here I leave you the trailer from a movie made from his life.

Hope you enjoy it and give me your comments. 

5 comments:

  1. Well, I really enjoyed the movie about Gandhi, I seen it three or four times in my life and all the times I have been inspired by him. I tought many times in Gandhi when we were in classes. He did many changes for India, and after all, India was divided in two parts, Gandhi protested for the division because he wanted to see India united, Muslims and hindu did't have the same ideas, and they were trying to have more power over another one.

    Unfortunately, Gandhi had to separated, because he realized that he had done damage to his country.

    On other hand, I tried to see the movie "Gandhi, my father", the movie is about how he was with his family. (his son was or is hated on India). Maybe you can find and see it.

    I liked your post.. Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. these two men really have all my respect not only because they fought and defended other peoples also they dont used violence to realize their dreams. that is for my a good example to follow.
    the way in that you used different colors to highlight the most important phrases was a good element to catch my attention :P hahahahah.
    so I really liked your entry , good job..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nowadays, all people believe that violence or fight is the only way to improve things we do not like. Here, we have two wonderful people who make us think otherwise.
    I love those words of Gandhi because, in my opinion, is the perfect phrase that defines him. I think If we all had the ability to think before acting and seek the common good , this world would be quite different.

    I enjoyed your post!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your post is great. I learned that even a small change in one person can lay the groundwork for sparking big changes in society. We have to start to share their point of view because it can start to change our life and our society. Sharing their actions could make a big change in other lifes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Ghandi has been an inspiration not only for Martin Luther King, but also for many others who have fought against many things all over the world in a peaceful way. Definitely it is the hardest way of getting something because history tells us that when humanity has won something it has always been violence involved, but this is a way to realize that the most important thing is to change the way people think so we can move on as a society.

    ReplyDelete